11.18.2010

Well, I'm a B

It's been about a year since I started this blog, wrote once, and haven't written since.  So much has happened - Tim and I have gotten married and have begun our life together.  I'm officially a "B" now, moved up in the alphabet from "N".  I haven't had the opportunity to utilize the move yet, but I will say I'm looking forward to it at graduation this summer - it's the one time I know for sure I will get to use it!
Bryan Swisher Photography
We are working on figuring out married life, how to keep this life going now that it has begun.  We are talking money, budget, moving, family, jobs, retirement, vacation, cars, house...you name it, we are discussing it.  The tough part is we are both coming up on the busiest time of the year for us - busy season for him and student teaching for me.  We are trying to get as much done before hand as possible, but when you are planning to move across the country, its hard to do a lot in advance and blind.
I'm so blessed to have my life - to have everyone in it that I do, everything in it that I have.  I heard a quote today from Lou Holtz, extraordinary college  football coach for South Carolina and Notre Dame (others, not sure?) and also one of the cutest old men I have ever seen, that has changed my outlook on life, how I'm thinking of my dreams, my goals, my life: "Everyone needs four things in life: something to do, someone to love, something to believe in and something to hope for".  Hope, belief, love, action... simple?  Absolutely.... easy? Not quite.  I've been thinking about my goals in life - thinking about who I want to be, what I want to do, how I go about making a difference.  I am still thinking through those, but stay tuned...I hope to figure it out little by little.
Thank You, Lou Holtz, for making a difference in my world today!

No comments:

Post a Comment